PLEXR PLASMA NON-SURGICAL BLEPHAROPLASTY
Plexr is a non-surgical solution to excess eyelid skin that rejuvenates the eyes helping patients look refreshed, confident and youthful.
Plexr is rapidly becoming an alternative to surgery without the need for a general anaesthetic, less downtime, less risk of damage to underlying muscles, reduced risk of scarring, no difficulties in closing the eye, no risk to vision, more affordable and without the risks associated with general anaesthesia.
- Mild to moderate excess skin in upper or lower lids without ptosis of the fat
- Wrinkling and eyelid laxity
- Patients who would not undergo surgery
- Patients who would prefer a minimal procedure
- Patients with crow’s feet who would not consider botulinum toxin.
How it Works
Plexr is a medical procedure which involves the application of plasma to sublimate skin without transferring heat to the surrounding tissue. Sublimation is the process of turning a substance from a solid straight into a gas. There is no electric current flowing.
Treatment consists of multiple shots spaced closely together and the upper, lower or both eyelids can be treated. The procedure normally takes less than 30 minutes to perform. Results are seen instantly although the best appearance is seen after 3 weeks. 3 treatments at 6 weekly intervals are often required to give the results similar to a surgical procedure.
Following treatment, sun protection should be applied and a healing balm will aid recovery. Breathable camouflage makeup can be used if required by the patient.
PLEXR can be used to remove skin lesions, excess skin and for the reduction of lines and wrinkles by tissue sublimation without cutting. It can be used for the following:
- Non-surgical blepharoplasty
- Skin lesions such as fibromas, warts, papillomas and xanthelasma
- Scarring including stretch marks, acne scars and post-surgical scars
- Pigmentation and sun spots
- Tattoo removal